I am a technician by heart
I’ve been managing computer networks ever since my studies and I’ve never done any other profession.
Once I have launched my own company, PATRON-IT s.r.o., my hands were freed, so I can focus on IT security. I believe that to properly secure the network, I must first be able to break it. I have been hacking (ethically) for years, so I would be able to protect customers from hackers today. I’m SME professional, which will make your IT more efficient by tens percent, secure your network and ultimately save you money (for downtime and ransom, it’s that simple).
Field overlap is one of my competitive advantages, that allows me to manage unsolvable IT problems. In addition to IT security, I also have a deep understanding of networks, systems management, programming, automation. As I manage my own business, I can design solutions that are sustainable both financially and process-wise. I am also able to transfer the knowledge in a meaningful way thanks to the lectures.
I have gained a lot of knowledge during my professional “adolescence” from the Internet IT community. Therefore, I would now like to contribute my two cents (via this blog) and perhaps even help someone. On this blog, I share corporate know-how, ideas, and practical insights. When evaluating articles, please keep in mind that I come from IT outsourcing, so I write from the perspective of an external IT administrator. We take care of dozens of isolated autonomous networks as external administrators, and we cannot use some of the tools and procedures applied by internal administrators. This is sometimes an advantage (we understand a wide range of technologies) and sometimes a disadvantage (we can’t tune the network to the last detail). I will gladly review any comments regarding the articles.
My CV can be found online at LinkedIn.
Interesting sources I follow
And now maybe you will …
- The hacker news – news from IT security. Easy to read during daily lift to work.
- Bleeping computer – same like the webpage above.
- Security Now – Videocast/audiocast published every Tuesday focused on IT security trends. Sometimes it is little bit more chatty. I listen to it during “longer” car journeys. .
- Microsoft Channel9 – Microsoft’s video channel with lectures on various IT topics. My favourite speakers are Paula Januszkiewicz and Marcus Murray.
- Microsoft Ignite – recordings from Ignite conference. Plenty of videos from the best speakers.
- Microsoft Virtual Academy – free lectures from Microsoft.
- Ondřej Ševeček – czech IT administrator with deep knowledge about Active Directory internals.
This webpage is not so updated as things change rapidly and there is so much great materials on the internet. If I will find some new source worth mentioning, I will try to share it with you.
- Martin Haller z Patron-IT: Hackeři jsou o krok napřed. Nezaplatíte, přijdete o data – Euro.cz
- Hackeři už si pro nás jsou – Resseler Magazine OnLine
- Etický hacker: Proč trvá odhalení útoku hackera tak dlouho a jak se tomu bránit – Tyinternety.cz
- Stát příliš nehlídá IT systémy nemocnic. Hackeři cílí na menší špitály, mají slabší zabezpečení – LIDOVKY.cz
- Jak na bezpečnou správu hesel ve firmě? – Securitymagazin.cz
- Mobilní telefon pro vaše soukromí představuje větší nebezpečí, než počítač. Je to ideální „špehovací“ zařízení – Faei.cz
- Byli byste schopni odhalit útok hackera? – Bezpecneit.cz
- Je vaše firma z hlediska IT bezpečnosti chráněna? Odpovídal Martin Haller – Týden.cz
- Dělat IT jako Baťa cvičky? – Securitymagazin.cz
- Ransomware útoky: Zaplaťte statisícové výkupné, nebo přijdete o data – BusinessInfo.cz